The package price includes the following services:
- 3 overnight stays at a hotel, all rooms with a WC/bathroom
- 3 × breakfast buffet
- SPA-area including the swimming pools and sauna area are included
- Welcome drink at the hotel on the first evening
- 2 x dinner in the hotel
- 1 Dumpling festival (dinner in the shape of a 3-course dumpling menu) at the hotel with music and 3 drinks included
- Guided tour on the 2nd and 3rd day
- Every 21st participant free of charge, the first one in a single room, every other person in a double room
This tour can be booked only in the period 31.3.-31.10.!
Day 1: Arrival - Šumava (Bohemian Forest)
Arrival in the Bohemian Forest – the 220-kilometer long mountain range on the Bohemian-Bavarian border. Here, the landscape is still dominated by the forest and is under the protection of the Bohemian Forest National Park. Dinner and accommodation in your hotel.
Day 2: Šumava (Bohemian Forest) - Domažlice - Klatovy - Šumava (Bohemian Forest)
In the morning, you will first travel to the Chodenland ‘Capital’ of Domažlice. The wonderful city square with its arcades represents something special, which has been only rarely preserved in the West Bohemian Region. There is the Church of the Nativity of the Virgin Mary in the town square with its cylindrical, approximately 60 m tilted Leaning Tower. The Augustine monastery area is also worth seeing. The former king’s castle which nowadays houses the Chodenland Museum is inviting you as well. Following a short drive, you will reach the Town of Klatovy and unexpectedly stand in front of a unique baroque pharmacy, called ‘The White Unicorn Pharmacy’. This pharmacy has been on the market square ever since the 17th century and had been fully in service until 1966, when it was transformed into a unique pharmacy museum. The entrance to the 17th century catacombs is located near the pharmacy, erected in the cellars of a Jesuit Church. Predominantly, members of the Jesuit order were buried here and until now, one can see dozens of mummified corpses in this place. Dinner and overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 3: Šumava (Bohemian Forest) - Kvilda - Kašperské hory - Sušice - Šumava (Bohemian Forest)
After breakfast, you will go on a landscape-magnificent round trip through the natural Bohemian Forest via Kvilda and afterwards, you´ll see the upland moor Jezerní slať with its short wooden path (approx. 500 m). Via Kašperské Hory with its dominant castle ruin Kašperk, you will reach the town of Sušice with its remarkable houses in the marketplace. The finest renaissance building houses the Bohemian Forest Museum. Journey back to your hotel. This evening ends with the popular dumpling festival in the hotel with music.
Day 4: Šumava ((Bohemian Forest) - Return journey
After breakfast, you will travel back to your home towns.
4-star Wellness Hotel Horizont in the Bohemian Forest
|Agreed price per person in a double room:
||from € 155,--
|Single room surcharge:
||from € 65,--
|Peak season surcharge I. (27.6.-29.8.):
||from € 10,--
|Lunch in the shape of a 3-course menu on the respective day:
|Guided tour through the baroque pharmacy in Klatovy including entry fee:
|Guided tour through the Klatovy catacombs including entry fee:
|Guided tour through the Bohemian Forest Museum in Sušice including entry fee:
Our secret tips – we highly recommend extending your stay:
- The GLASS ALTAR in the St. Gunther Church and the mineral spring in the pilgrimage place Dobrá Voda near Hartmanice in the Bohemian Forest in South Bohemia represent something truly extraordinary and unique!
- The Mountain Synagogue / Museum in Hartmanice - a very nice exposition and an exhibition of this region´s very interesting history
- Ropeway directly at the Hotel Horizont! Super tip for a comfortable tour without going up the hill in a bus, coffee break in a mountain chalet at the summit and then either pleasant hiking paths back to the hotel (approx. 1.5-2 km) or ride back along the ropeway to the Hotel Horizont.
- Velhartice - Castle from the 14th century and a small open-air museum devoted to Bohemian Forest folk architecture